The syllabus has been updated with further detail on the Week Two assignment. See the syllabus or check below. Questions, comments?
Assignment #2: Portfolio Site – Publish your site, meeting the requirements below. Post a blog entry on the course blog with the URL of your site. Be sure to tag the blog post entry “portfolio sites” and check the “Glenn-Mon” or “Glenn-Thu” category. DEADLINE: Start of Week Two class. NOTE: This is one of your four major assignments, worth 20% of your final grade.
- Minimum of 2-3 pages (examples include About, Contact, Resume pages)
- Minimum of 3-5 posts (examples include reporting clips or class assignments, or curatorial entries)
- Activated theme (from Woo, Graphpaper Press, WordPress.org or other)
- Custom menu navigation (based on pages or content categories)
- Custom image for banner (using Photoshop tools from Week 2 lab)
- Minimum of 2-3 optional plug-ins (examples include tag cloud, blog roll, Twitter or Flickr feed, other RSS feed
- Mandatory plug-ins: WordPress.com stats or other analytics plug-in, and Akismet or other spam filter