My Site Analytics

I just installed WordPress stats in the last week so I unfortunately don’t have a great sense of how well my site has been doing. Especially since in the last few weeks, I’ve been a little forgetful about updating my site and sharing links.

But since the first day I installed the stats I’ve gone down in views. The first day, I updated a few stories and put up a video I made for Art House Astoria, the music and art school I work at on the school’s Facebook with a link to my site. Little kids getting dressed up as clowns is very popular apparently.

My top stories were:

1. Resume- 45 views
2. About Me (which is my homepage)- 36 views
3. Portfolio- 21 views
4. Dope Jams Shows Its Skills- 8 views
5. Cupcakes Are So Last Year- 4 views

My TweetStats are a little sad. I definitely have to pick it up. But having my posts automatically link to my Twitter account was a good idea.I just need to take advantage of it. February, the month I launched the site, was the busiest month for my account.

I definitely see a difference from when I was posting my stories to Twitter and Facebook opposed to more recently when I got a little lazy about updating my site.

Though I don’t have exact numbers for it, I definitely think adding a link to my site in the signature of my email was helpful to get my work out there. Last month, two people I interviewed mentioned they had clicked on the link to my site to learn more about me before interviewing with them. I don’t know if that is common, but it doesn’t hurt either way.

I also linked to my resume while I was sending out my internship applications and I think that helped make my resume the number one thing that people went to, even more often then my About Me page, which is my homepage.

This entry was posted in Glenn - Thu and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.