These are the changes I made to my site:
1. I replaced the slideshow with a static image. The photo reflects one of my interests: urban/public art. I think it sets a young and fresh tone and provides insight about me.
2. I minimized the size of my name.
3. I changed the first two page titles from “Print” and “Interactive” to “Words” and “Images.” Again, I think this fits the young and fresh tone I want to set.
4. I cleaned/streamlined the posts on all pages. I deleted the articles I had placed on the first post of each page. Now, visitors click on a link to view each piece/article.
5. I included my Resumé to make the post look fuller.
6. I included a link to my Twitter and Picassa account on my About page.