Preliminary Portfolio Plans

Here’s what I envision for my portfolio site:

• I want the landing page to be clean, simple and ideally, modern. I plan to make my portfolio as visually appealing as possible, so that means adding lots of images, possibly screenshots of videos, or in the case of multimedia, print pieces and blogs, screenshots where they first appeared. It would feature my most recent work.
  • I anticipate creating 4 sections: “About,” “Work,” “Contact” and “Blog.” The “About” section would feature a short bio. I plan on further dividing “Work” into two sub-sections, “Words” (which would include both print pieces and blog posts) and “Images” (which would cover some photojournalism work, video or interactive graphics). The “Contact” page would my contact info as well as links to the social media sites I use (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and the “Blog” section would be a place where I could show off my personality and professional interests. Ideally, the posts would show potential employers that I’m a good writer, that I’m tuned into the world around me, that I’m curious, and that I’d get along with everyone in their newsroom.
  • Some plug-ins that I anticipate using: the contact form plug-in; the Google Analyticator so I can track my site’s traffic; ShareThis, so that users can share my content; a resume plugin; and a Twitter plug-in.

About Lisha Arino

Contact Lisha Arino at arino@motthavenherald.com
This entry was posted in Glenn - Thu and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.